Monday, August 27, 2012

SUQQU Face Color Palette EX-01



SUQQU Face Color Palette in EX-01 is part of SUQQU Fall 2011 collection and it was a limited edition. This palette has 12.4g of products and consists both a face contour pressed powder and blush.

When I heard about this release I have asked my friend Momo-chan to grab one of this gem for me from Hankyu Department Store in Uemeda. However it took quite a while to reach me since my friend got very busy with her volunteering job at her kids' school (PTA committee).

The size of this face palette is a little smaller than the regular eyeshadow quad, but a bit thick than the usual duo blush because it has 2 levels of compartments.



The top compartment is used for housing 2 very top notch quality face and blush brush:



These brushes are made of very high quality horse hair and are very soft to the touch. Somehow I wished these are a bit bigger for easier application, but hey, maybe it's their strategy to lure customers to buy their full size brushes?? (But I cannot justify myself to spend $168 GBP (~US$260) for their full sized face powder brush??)



Second level house 3 strips of face powder to the left and 2 strips of blush powder to the right:




Back of the case, with details of the product, image courtesy of the black panties:



A closer look at Face Powder Palette EX-01:


under diffused sun by the window

under shade

Now, moving on to swatches:




[Face color]
A: A nudy face color color that may show up better with skintone of NC-20 or lighter. It barely show up with my NC-25 skintone, however the powder is very fine and smooth to touch.

B: A matte highlighter color that I think is similar to the base product included in every SUQQU eyeshadow quad. I can see myself using it to highlight my C-curve area but I doubt if it will even show up on me, but regardless of that, the I can use this finely milled textured powder as a base for my blush or even brown bone area.

C: A pearly highlighter with a slight sheen to it. Perfect to highlight the nose bridge area for a 3D effect. When compared to another highlight powder I own (Guerlain Meteorites) this is far superior and looks more natural on me, and the powder is much finer and the lasting power is far superior.

[Cheek color]
D: The narrower blush strip with a cool tone fushica pink kind of blush color with noticeable shimmers, but with a very buttery texture to it.

E: Matte warmer pink color that is very flattering to most skintone of NC-25 or lighter. Non-cakey or powdery at all.

(note: because I am using my own blush brush that is much larger, it is hard to selectively pick up blush color D or E for application. See FOTD in the end for a mixed 


slightly blurred to enhance the shimmers in color B, C and D

under sun
slightly under shade


Finally, ending with a FOTD (heehee, my very first attempt with a full face FOTD!):


Eyes: SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow 05 Sakurakaba
Brows: B&C Labo Browlash EX Eyebrow pencil and liquid (grayish brown)
Face: Sofina Primavista Long Keep Base UV, SUQQU Frame Fix Foundation
Cheeks: SUQQU Face Color Palette EX-01
Lips: Coffret D'or Bright Up Rouge Creamy Long Lasting lipstick BE-201

This blog basically concludes my SUQQU collection up until this point in the summer of 2012. Please stay tuned for an updated blog post about my current SUQQU collection as of summer 2012!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the brushes they included--they sound super soft and actually usable, unlike the brushes in many other compacts. The blush looks gorgeous on you, but I do wish they had decided to forgo those lighter shades altogether. It seems strange that they would even include them--especially A and B--since it's an Asian brand and I'm sure many of the palest Asians don't even have light enough skin to get those to show up! It just takes up unnecessary space that could have housed more of the pink blush!

Cutie Fishball said...

Yes the brushes included are really soft and at one point it did tempt me to get their full sized brush... but I cannot justify the price (yet?)

I wish that the highlight colors and the blush colors sizes are switched because I do agree with you, colors A and B barely show up on me....

but you can always use those highlight colors as highlight for the C-curve or bases for the eyes, just to make the most use of it...

the blushers for the spring 2012 collection are purely blush colors so I guess I can always go back to this face palette for highlight... but I agree with you 100%!!