Monday, May 9, 2011

Shu Uemura UV under base mousse SPF 30 PA+++ -Beige


A while ago, about 3 weeks back, I saw Fuzkittie raved about a very cool makeup base that comes in the form of a mousse (Fuz's review here), it's the Shu Uemura BB Beige Mousse, and it's the spring time limited edition in collaboration with Mika Ninagawa with sakura prints all over the canister. Well, being a big fan of sakura and the word "limited edition" just hit hard on me, I wanted to try out this product badly... so I searched online and found it's a whopping $60+shipping either on online retailers or Ebay...

$60 for a base seems to be a bit obsessive... well, it's a limited edition afterall...

Then Jie Jie told me she got hers for S$78 from Orchard ION and it was the last one in the entire island of Singapore... I am even more tempted!

So I search alternatively with HK sellers. At last I found one that offer for $288hkd per bottle (haha, cheaper than Jie Jie, but I gotta pay for shipping!) However there is a slight problem here. Since it's compressed liquid, the seller can only send it out via surface mail, and it will take anywhere from 1-3 months. Oh well, I figured, by the time it arrives, it will be the height of the summer so I can use this base with SPF. So I went ahead and ordered 2, thinking I may give it away to a friend of mine. The total with shipping came out to be $85 for both. Not a bad deal huh?

To my surprise, this surface mail order showed up 2 weeks later in my mail room. Wow! I think the postal people may have mistakenly put this piece of mail together with regular airmail. 2 weeks is roughly how long it will take for regular mail to arrive the US from Hong Kong.

Ok, enough about the background, let's move on to the actual BB Beige!



This limited edition actually comes in 3 limited colors, Pink, Beige, and Medium Beige. The shade that both Fuz and Jie Jie got is Medium Beige. I was only be able to find BB Beige and I like the graphics on the BB Beige canister more (haha, I am such a packaging sucker!) and I didn't think about if the actual color will match my skin tone (duh!)



Description of the BB Beige at the back of the box:



Front and back of the canister design. I absolutely love the pale pink colors of the sakura graphics!!!






Moving on to the actual mousse itself. It comes out as a mousse, extremely fluffy in texture:




It's very light weight and easy to spread around because of its airy texture:



It works like BB cream, but minus the heavy greasy feeling of regular BB creams:



The feeling of this mousse applied is like putting on a very clean and lightweight lotion gel on my face. I am absolutely sold on this. It comes with a SPF of 30 which makes it idea for sun protection in the summer, and it's light weight feel makes my face less burden during the hot and humid summer months. All I need is just a light mineral powder over top for additional coverage and I am all set to go. I do not like to see my makeup melt away in the middle of the day because of heavy makeup.

I love the unique texture of this mousse and this shade of beige works with my skin tone. When apply fresh, it appears to be a little pale on me but once it settles it blends in with my skin and normalize my uneven skin tone.

And did I mention that this mousse comes with a light sakura scent? Of cause I can recognize the scent of sakura as I was hunting them down a few weeks ago in my area and I still remember they light and subtle scent.

The only drawback I didn't like is the ability to control how much mousse that the canister will displace. I accidentally pumped out too much on the first time, but now I got a hang of how much force I should exert now. A little goes a long way.

This the before and after of the BB Beige application on my cheek area, with a buff of mineral powder on top:

Before
After

Before (Woot! Naked eye!)
After


See how the BB Beige does a good job evening out my skin ton and covering the pores up? And coverage is medium. See how my redness on my cheek area and recent scar at the bottom of my pic get concealed? Not bad, not bad!


Way to go!


When I finish this bottle up, I will definitely order again for their regular line of UV under base mousse. I am sold on this amazing product!!

7 comments:

MisoJenny said...

I'm so jealous of these mouse things!!! It looks great on you!

Jie Jie said...

It is!! Your review is very detailed, I should link your review to my post:)

Cutie Fishball said...

Jenny- you should get it, this is a tad light on me, as I am slightly darker than you, but this color will work great on your skintone!

Jie Jie- my review is detailed coz I included my naked face picture full of acne scars?

Jie Jie said...

LOL..Haha, ya very clear:p!

Cutie Fishball said...

*blush* showing people my naked face!!! I really need to do more work on skincare and healing those scars.... I don't know why the acnes like to come and go in such obvious areas!

Jie Jie said...

You're confident ma ;p. Probably due to hormone or M, i guess. I do get it every month and either at the same spot/around the area.

Cutie Fishball said...

I am not that confident! But I want to share the before and after and that's the best way to see the coverage of this BB mousse!

Em, I rarely get so much break outs at once. But once in a while I get massive breaks outs and that's scary... and the last time was a few years ago when I had a bad bad time at work!!