Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pearls by the Yard necklace



The name was inspired by Elsa Peretti's "Diamonds by the Yard" at Tiffany & Co.


The reason behind creating this piece is because a gaming friend of mine, Momo-chan from Nara, Japan. I have been chatting with her for sometime now, and have been collecting items in the US to do a swap with her. I offered to make her earrings, but unfortunately she doesn't have earring piercing. So she sent me an email of a magazine clipping that she read:



She told me that long necklaces are hard to come by in Japan (huge question mark here as I thought Japan would have everything anyone else doesn't have???) so I made her a long necklace using sterling silver cables, creamy white freshwater pearls, and swarovski crystals.

The outcome is not bad :)

1 comment: