Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Koji Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner in Deep Black




I promised earlier that I will review on Koji Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner. This eyeliner only comes in 1 color, which is Deep Black.


The design of this pink is quite kawaii, a pink base with purple poker dots, with its signature Dolly Wink font and a purple bow. The cap of the pen is just a plain black cap. (I feel the Kiss Me Heroine Make liquid eyeliner's packaging is slightly sleeker, with a shiny mahogany and gold lettering and rose, heehee I am such a sucker for elegant packaging!)




Again, the tip is extremely fine, and actually it's quite similar with the 0.1mm tip from the Kiss Me Heroine Make eyeliner. Putting both eyeliner side by side:



Apart from different colors with the pencil design, the size of the pencil, length, cap size, and even the pen tip are almost identical.

Then what about the quality of the ink?

Applying Dolly Wink's eyeliner on my eyes:

Again, the feel and texture is almost identical with KMHM's eyeliner. If I am blinded folded I cannot the difference between the two! But of course I cannot do make up with my eyes closed! 

Back to the eyeliner itself. It glides on smooth and nice and THIN, without the hassle of NAR's drying felt tip. I have precise control over this pen which I love. Again similar to KMHM, Dolly Wink's eyeliner doesn't dry quick enough, resulting in transfer of some ink on to my eyelash curler. But I am ok with it as I can always reapply easily :)

Given that Dolly Wink and KMHM eyeliner are so similar I have no preference which one I like more. I am ok with using both, but if I have to pick one ultimately, I will go with KMHM because 1. it has a better price point (1050 yen vs. 1200 yen) and 2. a slighly sleeker packaging.

But that's just my 2 cents. I am also happy to use Dolly Wink eyeliner anyways! I got back ups of a Dolly Wink liner because my good friend Momo-chan send me another one in our recent swap. I am one happy girl now!

4 comments:

Jie Jie said...

Finally the review on Dolly Wink:), is it long-lasting up to say 8 hours?

Cutie Fishball said...

It's pretty long lasting. I apply mine in the morning and it stays until I take it off at night. No smudging whatsoever^^

Jie Jie said...

Great:).. Dolly wink is my final choice on eyeliner.

Cutie Fishball said...

yep, let me know how it works on you!!